SPOKANE, Wash. (WNCN) — A new apple that growers say stays fresh for a year is now on sale.
Growers in Washington state spent the last 20 years — and $40 million — perfecting the “Cosmic Crisp” apple.
The apple is a mix of Enterprise and Honeycrisp apples.
Supposedly, it’s acid level keeps it from turning brown as quickly as other apples.
They’re only available in Washington stores right now, but they should be available nationwide at the beginning of 2020.
- Major increase in unemployment claims in Louisiana in early July
- COVID-19 Drive-thru Community Testing and Supplies Giveaway happening on Saturday
- Eminem takes aim at Drew Brees in new song
- Louisiana to dedicate $50 million in new federal education dollars largely to technology and workforce development
- Pathologist found blood clots in ‘almost every organ’ during autopsies on COVID-19 patients