PRAIRIEVILLE, La. (BRPROUD) – Late Wednesday night, deputies with the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office were called to a ‘disturbance.’
When deputies arrived at Moody Dixon Rd. around 11 p.m. “they located 21-year-old Destin Delmore who began making verbal threats towards deputies,” according to the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office.
While attempting to lessen the tension surrounding the situation, deputies instigated an investigation.
The results of the investigation were that Delmore:
- Had a fugitive warrant for multiple felonies from EBRSO
- Broke a cell phone belonging to his girlfriend
Deputies attempted to arrest Delmore but the suspect, “resisted by spitting and fighting several deputies,” according to the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Delmore is in the Ascension Parish Jail facing these charges:
- Criminal trespass
- Damage to property
- Disturbing the peace
- Communicating false information
- Resisting an officer with force
- Simple robbery
- Battery of a peace officer
- Two counts simple assault
- Simple escape
- Fugitive from another agency
- Failure to appear
- Covid-19 numbers “stable,” Gov. Edwards reminds Louisiana not to get complacent on mitigation measures
- Traffic project to widen I-10 almost complete, DOTD says
- Injustice Club raises concerns from parents in Central
- Week 7 best bets: Ride with Saints, Bucs to win
- Indirect effects of COVID increase as Baton Rouge levels case numbers