WINSTON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency is investigating the death of a 39-year-old man after a boating accident on Smith Lake Monday morning.
According to ALEA’s Marine Patrol Troopers, Jamey Dewayne Morgan of Arley fell overboard his vessel on the lake. His body was recovered a few hours later by authorities.
The depth of the water the accident occurred in was seven feet, according to ALEA.
No other information has been released at this time. This is still an ongoing investigation.
- Police in Louisiana arrest man with 170 bags of marijuana seeds, growing equipment
- President Trump releases full CBS ’60 Minutes’ interview ahead of air date
- West Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Deputy arrested on suspicion of DWI in Pointe Coupee over the weekend
- Though concerned with growing hospitalizations, Gov. Edwards says Louisiana currently compares ‘relatively well’ to rest of country against COVID-19
- OMV announces Louisiana drivers can now request replacement driver’s licenses online