AVOYELLES PARISH, La, (KTVE/KARD) — Detectives from the Alexandria Field Office and the Louisiana State Police responded to a deputy-involved shooting that took place at approximately 7 p.m. on Friday.
Per Louisiana Police Troop E, the Avoyelles Parish sheriff’s deputies responded to a residence on Louisiana Highway 114 in Hessmer, where there was a domestic disturbance.
As the deputies approached the residence, 70-year-old Ovide Joseph Moras, of Hessmer, allegedly began shooting at them with his firearm as the deputies returned gunfire. The gunfight resulted in Moras suffering severe injuries and being transported to a local hospital.
No further information is available at this moment.
- Sunday Night: Humid days; Weekend rain
- Hundreds of unwanted Amazon deliveries arrive at one family’s home
- WATCH: Tigers react after postseason run ends in Knoxville
- MISS LOUISIANA COMPETITION WEEK 2021 kicked off this week.
- Record-high 47 percent in US believe abortion is ‘morally acceptable,’ poll finds