Do you remember when Baton Rouge had the cheapest gas in the country?
That is not the case anymore as gas prices rose almost 4 cents per gallon last week in the Capital City.
The average gas price that motorists are seeing in Baton Rouge on Monday is $2.33 per gallon.
According to price reports by GasBuddy, “the cheapest station in Baton Rouge is priced at $2.07/g today while the most expensive is $2.79/g, a difference of 72.0 cents per gallon.”
Somewhere in the United States, drivers are paying as little as $2.06 per gallon.
On the flip side, some poor souls are paying $5.09 per gallon at the pump.
GasBuddy.com said, “the national average price of gasoline has risen 2.3 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $2.75/g today.”
GasBuddy.com provided a look at how average gas prices looked on this date in the past:
- July 8, 2018: $2.53/g (U.S. Average: $2.85/g)
- July 8, 2017: $2.00/g (U.S. Average: $2.26/g)
- July 8, 2016: $2.03/g (U.S. Average: $2.24/g)
- July 8, 2015: $2.52/g (U.S. Average: $2.76/g)
- July 8, 2014: $3.45/g (U.S. Average: $3.65/g)
- July 8, 2013: $3.27/g (U.S. Average: $3.47/g)
- July 8, 2012: $3.12/g (U.S. Average: $3.38/g)
- July 8, 2011: $3.45/g (U.S. Average: $3.59/g)
- July 8, 2010: $2.57/g (U.S. Average: $2.69/g)
- July 8, 2009: $2.47/g (U.S. Average: $2.57/g)
“For the second straight week, the national average price of gasoline has moved higher, following energy market moves from the last few weeks as Iran remains a concern pushing oil higher as well as OPEC extending producing cuts and recent drawdowns in U.S. oil inventories,” said Patrick DeHaan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy. “Nearly all motorists have seen the rise with an exception in some areas of the West Coast. Look for another week of gradual increases in gasoline prices, but without a another round of clearly defined upside in oil prices, we may see this current upward trend begin to slowly fade away in the next few weeks.”
If you would like to view live, up-to-date local and national average gas prices, visit GasBuddy Fuel Insights.