LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — A transgender woman was crowned Miss Nevada USA at South Point Hotel Casino & Spa on Sunday, a first and historic moment in the pageant’s history. Kataluna Enriquez, 27, will compete for the Miss USA title in November.
She competed with 21 other women this weekend. She took the title of Miss Silver State USA in March, a precursor to the Miss Nevada USA event.
In a post on Instagram, she wrote, in part: “Huge thank you to everyone who supported me from day one. My community, you are always in my heart. My win is our win. We just made history. Happy pride.”
- Baton Rouge police responding to shooting near N. 13th Street
- Community advocates ask U.S. DOJ to investigate EBR law enforcement
- Five people in critical condition after carbon monoxide poisoning due to running generator inside home
- Wednesday Night: Passing evening storms; Heat Advisory in effect Thursday and Friday
- Advocates bring awareness to growing opioid addiction issues in Louisiana