BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD)— Energy Conservation Day is observed on December 14 across the world, in a bid to raise awareness on the importance of energy conservation for the present as well as future generations.
Marksville, Louisiana native Erin Husbands, and LSU graduate is a beauty queen for a cause. In 2019, she was crowned Miss Louisiana Earth USA. With her title, she is continuing her mission of helping to save the environment.
Husbands spoke with FOX 44’s Crystal Whitman on how to conserve energy at home.
Erin suggests people to take a sustainability pledge to use energy in an efficient manner
in an effort to save it for future generations.
Husbands says that the purpose of the day is to serve as a reminder to invite good practices in our everyday life.
For more information on Husbands, her community service work and company, Crowning Moment,
Click here: https://www.thecrowningmoment.com/
- Parliamentarian dashes Senate Dems immigration hopes
- Baton Rouge teen stars in film inspired by her grandfather, to compete in film festival
- LSU has to share the wealth with emerging stars on offense
- Tigers face Air Raid Bulldogs with lingering questions on defense
- Mosquito populations increase after several weeks of storms