TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — The PAC-12 announced Friday evening that they would only be playing conference games for all fall sports in 2020, a move that directly impacts a scheduled game between the University of Southern California and the University of Alabama.
Following the decision by the conference, UA Athletic Director Greg Byrne released a statement on his Twitter saying the schools had every intention of playing and that now they will “adjust.”
The PAC-12 has followed in the footsteps of the BIG 10 who moved to conference-only games this season. SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey said there were no plans to do the same at this time.
- WATCH: Family in Louisiana honors 17-year-old on anniversary of his death
- After this week, you’ll be one step closer to a $1,400 stimulus check
- Sheriff’s office in Louisiana has a message for ‘I love to drive slow in the left lane’ motorists
- Louisiana man accused of juvenile cruelty
- NFL Conference Championship betting tips: Bet now or bet later?