(WFLA) – The Coast Guard is searching for a missing airman who reportedly fell from a plane into the Gulf of Mexico during a training mission.
CNN reports the staff sergeant, who is based at Hurlburt Field in Okaloosa County, was participating in a jump training mission on a C-130 plane. He fell about 1,5000 feet into the water after he deployed his parachute.
The crew said they saw the airman treading water, but when they turned back to find him, he was nowhere to be found.
The search is ongoing.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Slain rapper “Lady Q” remembered following deadly weekend in Baton Rouge
- Suspect arrested for alleged arson in St. George Fire Protection District
- Alabama family in need while infant son is in intensive care
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- BREAKING: Arrest made in death of elderly California couple found at bottom of a well in Mexico