(WFLA) – The Coast Guard is searching for a missing airman who reportedly fell from a plane into the Gulf of Mexico during a training mission.
CNN reports the staff sergeant, who is based at Hurlburt Field in Okaloosa County, was participating in a jump training mission on a C-130 plane. He fell about 1,5000 feet into the water after he deployed his parachute.
The crew said they saw the airman treading water, but when they turned back to find him, he was nowhere to be found.
The search is ongoing.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Nonpartisan group breaks down proposed amendments to Louisiana Constitution
- Ka’Mauri Harrison Act moves to Louisiana Senate floor
- Walmart’s ad scans released ahead of Black Friday events
- Saints have a “productive” meeting with Mayor Cantrell about fans returning to the Superdome
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma