TERREBONNE PARISH – Sheriff Tim Soignet announced on Friday morning that all highways outside the Morganza are now open.
“Some cleanup operations are still in progress, but there are no water hazards and debris is not on the roadways,” Sheriff Soignet said. “We are still urging caution, and asking that people not travel to these areas if it is not necessary to do so.”
The last areas to open up were the lower end of La. 315 in Dularge, Island Road near Isle de Jean Charles and the lower end of La 665 in Pointe-aux-Chenes.
“All of these areas are still being heavily patrolled,” Sheriff Soignet said. “Also, we have received reports of people fishing from bridges which is prohibited by law. These actions can prove dangerous and also can impede traffic. While it’s certainly tempting, we ask that those wishing to fish refrain from doing so on the bridges.”
- QB Guru Tom House explains Brees’ longevity in NFL
- LSU students have mixed emotions about potentially taking the COVID-19 vaccine
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website
- Gov. Edwards renews plea for business to move to remote work for employees
- Widow of La. congressman-elect qualifies to run for the seat her husband won