TERREBONNE PARISH – Sheriff Tim Soignet announced on Friday morning that all highways outside the Morganza are now open.
“Some cleanup operations are still in progress, but there are no water hazards and debris is not on the roadways,” Sheriff Soignet said. “We are still urging caution, and asking that people not travel to these areas if it is not necessary to do so.”
The last areas to open up were the lower end of La. 315 in Dularge, Island Road near Isle de Jean Charles and the lower end of La 665 in Pointe-aux-Chenes.
“All of these areas are still being heavily patrolled,” Sheriff Soignet said. “Also, we have received reports of people fishing from bridges which is prohibited by law. These actions can prove dangerous and also can impede traffic. While it’s certainly tempting, we ask that those wishing to fish refrain from doing so on the bridges.”
- Louisiana man booked on 194 counts of possession of child pornography
- GALLERY: Spotlight on Saints for Sunday Night Football
- LSU Falls In Home Opener, 1-0
- LIVE BLOG: Saints (1-1) look to bounce back against the Packers (2-0) at home
- ‘Disappointed, frustrated’ LSU fans react to season opener loss