BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Here is some good news for local commuters.
A $72 million road project in Ascension Parish is almost done.
According to the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development, “construction crews are nearing the end of their work on DOTD’s On the Greaux project to widen Interstate 10 between Highland Road in Baton Rouge and La. 73 in Ascension Parish.”
This section of I-10 is 6.5-miles long and will consist of six lanes.
“This portion of I-10 is a critical freight corridor for Baton Rouge and New Orleans and a daily commuter route for thousands of residents,” said DOTD Secretary Shawn D. Wilson, Ph.D. “Increasing the capacity will mitigate traffic congestion and encourage economic development in the region. This success story is an example of what the state can do when we are provided the resources.”
The project started in February of 2018.
- Family on way to Christmas Tree Lane struck by train, child killed
- Hospitals dealing with nationwide shortage of nurses
- President Trump vows defense bill veto unless internet liability shield scrapped
- Police investigating after body of Instagram influencer found on side of road
- Tuesday Night: Frosty morning; Warm afternoon