BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Amazing Love Movement joined together on Friday, September 11 at the East Baton Rouge Prison to deliver shirts and release balloons.
Part of the the Amazing Love Movement involves “Adopting-a-Prison.”
The shirts were given to newly-released inmates, according to spokesperson Katina Brooks, saying “that this was as a reminder of God’s amazing love and a way to combat the injustices that may have landed them in prison in the first place.”
In March of this year, Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome signed a resolution making the “Amazing Love” T-Shirt, the official t-shirt of the Capital City on the first day of every year.
- First man cured of HIV infection now has terminal cancer
- Watch: Mechanics rescue kitten stuck in dashboard of car
- Mayor-President Broome “pleased” with Baton Rouge efforts to ease COVID-19 spread
- Video released of alleged kidnapping attempt in Costco parking lot
- LDH confirms 5,262 total deaths due to COVID-19, 163,928 confirmed cases