MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Amazon says it has awarded $10 million to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis through its AmazonSmile program.
Amazon donates 0.5% of the item purchase price to shoppers’ charity of choice when they shop at smile.amazon.com. Millions of shoppers have choses St. Jude.
St. Jude is the first charity to reach the $10 million mark through the charity, Amazon said.
“We are beyond grateful for the generous spirit of Amazon, which has made possible these innovative programs that make it simple to support charities including St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital,” said Richard C. Shadyac Jr., President and CEO of ALSAC, the fundraising and awareness organization for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- People threaten to call ICE on staff of Houston Mexican restaurant after choice to keep mask requirement
- Picture found in long lost book leads to nationwide search for family
- Deputies find drugs in Florida man’s hamburger during traffic stop
- COVID toes: Mysterious rash can affect feet in patients with coronavirus
- Missouri pastor on leave after sexist sermon saying wives should lose weight to look like Melania Trump