BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Louisiana State Penitentiary correctional officers found marijuana in the possession of a long-time corrections officer during a shift change on Sunday.
Officers detained 52-year-old Janice Coney of 2644 Old Towne Road in Zachary after finding four oblong objects hidden inside a disinfectant wipe container that reportedly belonged to her. It held a total of 314 grams of marijuana, according to Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections spokesperson Ken Pastorick.
Coney, who held the rank of Master Sergeant, had worked at the prison since Aug. 16, 2005.
West Feliciana Sheriff’s Office deputies booked Coney into the West Feliciana Parish Jail. She faces charges of introduction of contraband into a penal institution and possession of Schedule 1 narcotics.
- DOTD announces I-10 widening from 415 to split
- Gov. Edwards: “We could soon receive the Johnson & Johnson vaccine which is positive news
- Tigers Shut Out UL-Lafayette on the Road
- Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome releases statement regarding the incident involving BRPD and juvenile
- Twitter announces ‘Super Follows,’ and not everyone is happy about it