NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Two people familiar with the situation say Saints defensive line coach Ryan Nielsen has informed LSU that he will not take the defensive coordinator job after initially agreeing in principle to do so.
The people spoke to The Associated Press on condition on anonymity because negotiations have not been made public.
A person told the AP on Monday that Nielsen had agreed in principle to take the LSU position but that there were some outstanding contract issues to iron out.
Another person told AP that the Saints have promoted Nielsen to assistant head coach.
- BRPD investigating shooting death of local man on North 12th St.
- Louisiana drivers could see an uptick in potholes after winter season
- Two Louisiana men arrested, $59K in narcotics and cash recovered
- Mother, boyfriend charged after 6-year-old killed, dumped in river, police say
- Candidate for Louisiana’s 2nd Congressional District says ‘legalizing weed is the right thing to do’