BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The Emerge School for Autism in Baton Rouge is now accepting student applications for the 2021-2022 school year.
The application period will end on Friday, March 5.
To qualify for admission, children must meet the following requirements, according to Executive Director Linda Brown:
• Live in the East Baton Rouge Parish School district
• Qualify for special education in Louisiana
• Have a medical diagnosis of autism
• Be entering kindergarten, first or second grade; students entering kindergarten must be 5-years-old by Aug. 30, 2021
The Emerge School for Autism is the only tuition-free public charter school in the state and one of only a few schools in the nation exclusively designed for children with autism, according to Brown.
Click here to fill out an application.
- Homer cruises by White Castle to advance in playoffs
- Saints pay tribute to Drew Brees with fans
- No. 1 Catholic High survives against No. 5 St. Paul’s, will play for state title
- Friday Night: Cold and chilly ahead; rain returns to the forecast
- Experts predict increase in online scams due to supply chain issues