SORRENTO, La. (BRPROUD) – 47-year-old Alvin Geisenheimer, of Sorrento, is dead following an altercation with his 16-year-old son.
Deputies with the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office were called to a reported shooting on Thursday night.
APSO says, upon arriving at the home located on Airline Hwy., “they located 47-year-old Alvin Geisenheimer suffering from a gunshot wound.”
The father died at the scene and after authorities looked into the matter further, “it was learned that an altercation occurred between the father and son and the son shot the father,” according to the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office.
The 16-year-old son is facing this charge:
- Second-degree murder
Alvin Geisenheimer’s son is currently in the St. Bernard Youth Detention Center.
- Pres. Trump asks Georgia governor for help overturning Biden’s election victory in the state
- Duplantis wins World Athletics Male Athlete of the Year award
- LA Sports Hall of Fame online auction open for holiday bidding
- Lake Charles residents still need help Weeks after Hurricane Laura Landfall
- West Monroe upends Central, 27-7