If you’ve ever wanted to go to Hawaii, you have a chance to do it for free. But of course there’s a catch.
Fast food chain Arby’s will be offering trips to Honolulu as part of a promotion for its new King’s Hawaiian sandwiches, the King’s Hawaiian Roast Beef and the King’s Hawaiian Roast Beef & Swiss.
People who successfully claim a trip will be flown to Los Angeles and spend the night there on April, 26, 2019. Then they will fly to Honolulu on April 27, 2019 and return to Los Angeles on the same day, according to the Arby’s website.
Winners will have the opportunity to participate in a marketing video for Arby’s and King’s Hawaiian in Honolulu.
You have to be 18 years-old and a resident of one of the 50 United States to participate.
There are two opportunities to claim a trip (also called “Offer Item”) at Arbys.com/Aloha. One opportunity is at 12 p.m. (EST) on April 12, 2019 and the other opportunity is at 12 pm (EST) on April 15, 2019.
The trips are available while supplies last. A total of 10 Offer Items are available (5 on April 12 and 5 on April 15).
If a trip is available, you will need to fill out a registration form then follow on-screen instructions to pay $6 with a credit card or enter the free redemption code ALOHA. Only participants who receive an “Offer Item” will be prompted to make a payment or enter the redemption code. According to the Arby’s website, participants will not be asked for payment information or the redemption code if there are no longer Offer Items available.
Only 1 registration per person/email address. If more than one is received, you could be disqualified.
Arby’s has the following official terms and conditions on its website:
ARBY’S KINGS HAWAIIAN FLIGHT OFFEROFFICIAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. LIMITED QUANTITIES AVAILABLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Arby’s Kings Hawaiian Flight Offer(“Promotion”) is sponsored by AFA Service Corporation(“Sponsor”), 1155 Perimeter Center West, Suite 1200, Atlanta, GA, 30338.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins on April 12, 2019 at 12:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on April 15, 2019 at 11:59:59 PM ET, or when all Offer Items (as defined in Section 4) supplies have been exhausted, whichever occurs first(“PromotionPeriod”). During the Promotion Period there are two (2) separate offer periods (each, an “Offer Period”) when Offer Items will be made available. “Offer Period 1” begins at 12:00 PM ET on April 12, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET April 12, 2019, or when all available Offer Item supplies for Offer Period 1 have been exhausted, whichever occurs first. “Offer Period 2” beings at 12:00 PM ET on April 15, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET April 15, 2019, or when all available Offer Items supplies for Offer Period 2 have been exhausted, whichever occurs first. The Sponsor’s payment processor’s computer is the Promotionofficial clock.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Promotionisopen only to legal residents of one of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of registration. Employees of Sponsor, King’s Hawaiian Holding Co., Inc., the independent third party responsible for administration of this Promotion (“Administrator”), FallonWorldwide,and eachof their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies(collectively,“Promotion Entities”)and each of their immediate family members (e.g., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses and the “steps” of each, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate. All federal, state, and local laws apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation constitutes participant’sfull and unconditional agreement to these Official Terms& Conditionsand Sponsor’s decisions and interpretations, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.
3. HOW TO CLAIM AN OFFER ITEM: Offer Items are available on a first come, first served basis.Only five (5) Offer Items are available in Offer Period 1 and five (5) Offer Items are available in Offer Period 2.During the Promotion Period, an eligible participantmustvisitArbys.com/Aloha(“Website”) and, if Offer Items are still available,complete and submit the registration form including, but not limited to: his/her first and complete last name (no initials), valid e-mail address, phone number, street address (no P.O. Boxes will be allowed), city, state, and ZIPcode. Upon the successful submission of the registration information,the participant mustthenfollow the on-screen instructions toeither (1)submit a credit card payment in the amount of $6.00or (2) enter the free redemption code ALOHA (“Redemption Code”). Only participants who receive an Offer Item will be prompted to make a payment or enter the Redemption Code. Participants will not be asked for payment informationor the Redemption Codeif there are no longer Offer Items available.
Participation Limit: There is a limit of one (1) registration per person and/or e-mail address. If more than one (1)registrationisreceived from the same person and/or e-mail address any Offer Items he/she qualified for may,at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, be revoked and the participant disqualified. Participantsare prohibited from using more than one (1) e-mail address or multiple identities. If it is
2found or suspected that a participantis using more than one e-mail address or multiple identities to participate in the Promotion, then that participant, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may not be eligible to receive an Offer Item.
IMPORTANT: MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY IF A PARTICIPANTPARTICIPATES IN THIS PROMOTIONON HIS/HER MOBILE DEVICE. NOT ALL MOBILE TELEPHONE/WIRELESSPROVIDERS CARRY THE SERVICE NECESSARY TOPARTICIPATE IN THESE PROMOTION. PARTICIPANTS SHOULD CONSULT THEIR WIRELESS PROVIDER’S PRICING PLANS. MOBILE ACCESSIS NOT REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATEIN THISPROMOTION.
4. OFFER ITEMS (5 per Offer Period, 10total):Each offer itemis a trip, for participant only,toHonolulu, Hawaii on April 27, 2019(“Offer Item”).Offer Item includes: one (1) coach-class round trip air transportation between a major commercial airport near the participant’s residence (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) and Los Angeles International Airport (“LAX”); one (1) night’s hotel accommodationin Los Angeles, California on April 26, 2019at a hotel selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion; first-class or business class (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) round trip air transportation between LAX and Daniel K. Inouye International Airport(“HNL”) on April 27, 2019; the opportunity to participate in amarketing video shoot for Arby’s and King’s Hawaiian in Honolulu, Hawaii; a $150 gift card to cover all per diem expenses; and $500 awarded in the form of a check made payable to theparticipantafter the Offer Item trip has ended, which may be used to help offset, but not completely eliminate any tax liability associated with accepting an Offer Item. Round trip air transportation between LAX and HNL will occur on the same day. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Offer Item is $2,700. No more than five (5) Offer Items are available per Offer Period for a total of ten (10) Offer Items available during the entire Promotion. Any difference between the estimated ARV and the actual value of the Offer Itemwill not be awarded. If a participantis a resident of Hawaii,travel from the airport near the participant’s residence (as determined by Sponsor) and HNL will be provided, and no compensation will be provided for any difference in Offer Item value.
Each participant must sign a publicity release allowing his/her likeness to be used in marketing for Arby’s in perpetuity. Noadditionalcompensation beyond the Offer Item will be provided to the participant for use of his/her likeness.
Travel must occur between April 26, 2019 and April 28, 2019, or as otherwise set forth by Sponsor, or the Offer Item will be forfeited. Participant isresponsible for having valid travel documents including government identification and/or passports. Participantis responsible for all travel expenses not included herein, including airline baggage fees, gratuities, meals, and any other incidental costs or expenses related to participation in the Offer Item. If a participant does not make any of the flights provided by Sponsor, participant shall be responsible for his/her own transportation and expenses from that point on.Travel must be booked at least 7 days in advance. Each participanthereby acknowledges that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance for anypart of the trip. Participantwill be required to provide a major credit card upon hotel check-in, and all in-room charges will be charged to the credit card. Any damage to the room will be theresponsibility of the participant. Sponsor bears no responsibility if any event, element or detail of an Offer Itemis canceled, postponed or becomes unavailable for any reason. Should any event, element or detail of the Offer Itembecome unavailable, the Sponsor shall have no obligation to the participantaside from providing the remaining portion of the Offer Item, minus any unavailable event, element or detail.
5. HOW TO CLAIM AN OFFER ITEM: On April 13, 2019 for Offer Period 1 and April 16, 2019 Offer Period 2,Administrator will notify each participant who receivedanOffer Item to arrange travel
3booking. Before travel booking will be arranged, each participant will be required to sign and return a Liability and Publicity Release, a written release for background check,and any other requested documents within twenty four (24) hoursfrom the date of attempted notification or the Offer Item may be forfeited in its entirety, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.Each participant may be subject to a background check before an Offer Item is provided.Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the participantbased on the results of such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that including such individual in an Offer Item or subsequent marketing might reflect negatively on the Sponsor.Failure to provide all required information and a signature on the documents within the stated time period mayresult in forfeiture of a participant’sright to claim his/herOffer Item. If aparticipantis disqualified, found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Terms & Conditions, declines to accept an Offer Item,therespectiveOffer Itemmay be forfeited. If an Offer Itemis forfeited,it will not be made available again, and the participant will be refunded his/her $6.00 (if he/she provided payment information during registration). Any portion of an Offer Itemnot accepted by a participantwill be forfeited. Eachparticipant shall be solely responsible for payment of any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes for his/herOffer Item received. Sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099-MISC for eachparticipant. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely eachparticipant’sresponsibility. TheOffer Items will only be providedtoverifiedparticipants. Sponsor will attempt to notify each participantas set forth above, but Sponsor is not responsible for any undelivered e-mails, including without limitation e-mails that are not received becauseof a participant’sprivacy or spam filter settings which may divert any Promotion e-mail, including any Offer Itemnotification e-mail, to a spam or junk folder. Offer Items arenon-transferable and no substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute an elementof equal or greater value in case of unavailability of theOffer Itemor force majeure, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. PromotionEntities shall not be held responsible for any delays in providing an Offer Itemfor any reason.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Promotion, participantsagree that the PromotionEntities and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers and each their respective officers, directors, stockholders, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable e-mail/text notifications or postal mail; (ii) any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability; (iii) garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/network accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; (iv) any technical, mechanical, printing or typographical or other error; (v) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; (vi) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Promotion; (vii) any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Promotionand/or accepting anOffer Item; and (viii) registrationsthat are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Terms & Conditions. Further, the PromotionEntities are not responsible for any unanswered or undeliverable Promotion notifications.
By entering the Promotion, each participantagrees:(i) tobe bound by these Official Terms & Conditions, including registrationrequirements; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Terms & Conditions; (iii) to waive all of his/herrights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Partiesin connection with the Promotion; and (iii) to forever
4and irrevocably agree to releaseand hold harmless each of the Released Partiesfrom any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with:(a) the Promotion, including,but not limited to,any Promotion-related activity or element thereof, and the participant’s registrations, participation or inability to participate in the Promotion;(b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of anOffer Item(or any component thereof); (d) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof);(e) human error; (f) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part ofany of the Released Parties; (g) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or anyelement thereof); or (h) the negligence or willful misconduct by participant.
If, for any reason, the Promotionis not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, atits sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotionand/or proceed with the Promotion, including the selection of Offer Item recipientsin a manner itdeems fair and reasonable,including the selection of Offer Item recipientsbased on the timestamp of registration submissionreceived prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. In no event will more Offer Items be providedthan are stated in these Official Terms & Conditions. In the event that, due to technical, typographical, mechanical, administrative, printing, production, computeror other errors, there are more Offer Itemsthan are stated in these Official Terms & Conditions, Offer Item recipientswill be determined based on the timestamp of the registration information submission.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE OFFER ITEMS, ISPROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
7. DISPUTES:THIS PROMOTIONIS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONSOR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JAMS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MICHIGAN. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THISAGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY PARTICIPANTAND/OR PROMOTIONENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END OF THE PROMOTIONPERIOD, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
9. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in this Promotion, each participantagrees to allow the Sponsor and Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, city and state, biographical information, likeness, picture and other information and content provided in connection with the Promotionfor promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes in all media worldwide including, but not limited to, on television and the Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
10. GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Promotionother than as described herein is void.Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify any participantfoundor suspected, in theirsole and absolute discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion; to be acting in violation of these Official Terms & Conditions; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Promotion.Any attempted form of participation in this Promotionother than as in these Official Terms & Conditionsis void. If it is discovered that a person has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple phone numbers, e-mail addresses,residential addresses, multiple identities, IP addresses, use of proxy servers, or like methods, all of that person’s registrationswill be declared null and void and that person will not be awarded any Offer Itemthat he/she might have been entitled to receive.Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Promotionwill void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. Participants may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsor or AdministratorIn the event of a dispute as to the identity of a participant, the acceptedregistrationwill be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted on the registration form associated with such registration.”Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.Each participantmay be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTIONIS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.If any provision of these Official Terms & Conditionsor any word, phrase, clause, sentence, or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Terms & Conditionsvalid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Terms & Conditionsor the Offer Itemdocuments will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. No participantshall have the right to modify or amend these Official Terms & Conditions. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Terms & Conditionsshall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All registrationsand/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Promotiondetails contained in these Official Terms & Conditionsand Promotiondetails contained in any promotional materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Promotionas set forth in these Official Terms & Conditionsshall prevail.
11. OFFER ITEM RECIPIENT LIST:Toreceive a list of Offer Item recipients, interested individuals must mail a self-addressed stamped business size envelope to: Arby’s Kings Hawaiian Flight Offer
6Recipient List, PO Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325. Requests must be received no later than June 14, 2019.© 2019, AFA Service Corporation. All rights reserved.
You have to travel between April 26, 2019 and April 28, 2019.