CROWLEY, La. (KLFY) – A 17-year-old has been arrested in connection with the shooting death of a Crowley teen.
17-year-old Xavien Jermaine Freeman is charged in the May 15th shooting death of 17-year-old Emori Carter. Carter was killed in the area of west 10th Street.
During the investigation, investigators were able to identify a suspect. Freeman was arrested by the Crowley Police Department on Wednesday for one count of 1st degree murder. He is being held in the Acadia Parish Jail with a one-million-dollar bond.
Investigators say that more arrests are expected to come.
- LSU Rallies For Fourth Straight Win, 85-80, Over South Carolina
- Saturday Night: Cold tonight; Warming Trend
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- LSU Goes For Hoops Win Vs. South Carolina Saturday Night
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration