GONZALES, La. (BRPROUD) – The Ascension Parish Government is busy these days.
First, a State of Emergency has been declared in Ascension Parish.
The Ascension Parish Government released this statement:
Following the Emergency Declaration by Governor John Bel Edwards, Ascension Parish
President Clint Cointment signed the following declaration, placing Ascension Parish in a State
of Emergency ahead of expected tropical weather from Tropical Storm Zeta, and filed it with
the Clerk of Court.
The other important news is that the Ascension Parish Government is closed on Election Day.
Details on the closure can be found below:
All offices of Ascension Parish Government will be closed on Tuesday, November 3, in
observance of National Election Day.
The decision to close was made so as not to impede or interfere with voting, since several Parish-owned buildings are used as polling places.
“I encourage everyone to exercise their Constitutionally-guaranteed Right to Vote,” said Parish
President Clint Cointment.
Offices will reopen for normal hours on Wednesday, November 4.
- Baton Rouge Metro Council District 12 election: Who is Jen Racca?
- Walmart to eliminate $35 free shipping minimum for Walmart+ members
- Health care workers go on strike, demand protection against virus
- Family on way to Christmas Tree Lane struck by train, child killed
- Hospitals dealing with nationwide shortage of nurses