GONZALES, La. (BRPROUD) – A burn ban was put in place throughout Ascension Parish after Hurricane Ida.
On Friday, September 17, that burn ban is no longer in place.
With the backing of the Louisiana State Fire Marshal’s Office, the burn ban has been lifted in Ascension Parish.
Residents may now burn items again, but Parish President Clint Cointment is asking everyone to do it safely.
Ascension Parish’s Safety and Security Director Chief James LeBlanc is asking that residents follow these guidelines when burning items:
- Check for local burn bans or restrictions before conducting any open burning.
- Keep fire a minimum of 75 feet from all buildings.
- Never use gasoline, kerosene, or any other flammable liquid to start the fire.
- Do not leave a fire unattended.
- Have fire extinguishment materials on hand, including a water supply, shovels, and
- Be prepared to extinguish your fire if the winds pick up.
- DO NOT delay a call for help – call the fire department immediately at the first sign of
- the fire getting out of control.