GONZALES, La. (BRPROUD) – Ascension Parish officially filed an emergency declaration on Monday.
Governor John Bel Edwards made an emergency declaration on Friday and following that, “Ascension Parish President Clint Cointment signed documents placing Ascension Parish in a State of Emergency ahead of expected tropical weather,” according to the Ascension Parish Government.
On Monday, the Ascension Parish Clerk of Court received those documents and what that means is that the parish will have access to both state and federal help.
You can view the declaration below:
- Saturday Night: Grey and gloomy days; More rain from Beta
- LSU Soccer Drops Season Opener at Arkansas, 2-0
- Why leadership is natural for Chris Curry
- Locals arrest two men at traffic stop with drug possession
- Historic railroad caboose for sale in Louisiana