NAPOLEONVILLE, La. (BRPROUD) – Maison Garret Rivere, 32, of Napoleonville, was arrested on felony drug charges after a traffic stop near Paincourtville, according to a news release from the Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office.
The stop was initiated after a deputy with the APSO reportedly saw a vehicle driven by Rivere commit a traffic violation. The vehicle did not halt immediately.
After questioning Rivere, the deputy determined there was a need to investigate more. A search of Rivere’s vehicle uncovered methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia.
The Napoleonville man remains behind bars in the Assumption Parish Detention Center on the charges listed below:
- Speeding – 80/55
- Possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Driving on roadway laned for traffic
- Flight from an officer
- Contributing to the delinquency of juveniles (Felony – 2 Counts)
- Prohibited acts – Schedule 1
Bond has not yet been set for Rivere by Judge Jason M. Verdigets.