BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — B.A.S.S. Nation will host a professional bass fishing tournament on the Ouachita River in North Louisiana on Nov. 3-5.
The stakes are high for anglers in this tournament, called the TNT Fireworks B.A.S.S. Nation Championship. The top three finishers will advance to the 2022 Academy Sports + Outdoors Bassmaster Classic, the most prestigious tournament in professional bass fishing.
The person who catches the heaviest five-fish limits throughout Ouachita tournament will receive the title of “Nation’s Best” and will be able to use a fully rigged Nation’s Best tournament boat for a year, according to a B.A.S.S. press release.
The second and third-place finishers, as well as the nonboat champion, will earn paid Basspro.com Bassmaster Opens entry fees for all divisions, the press release reveals.
To qualify for the event on the Ouachita River, anglers must first make the cut at other regional tournaments at one of the following waterways: Lake Havasu in Arizona; Milford Lake in Kansas; Lake Hartwell in South Carolina; Lake Erie/Presque Isle Bay in Pennsylvania; and the Upper Mississippi River in Wisconsin.
- The mother of a Louisiana teen continues to seek justice after her son’s death
- More than 300 universities across the US requiring students to receive COVID-19 vaccine
- Making History: Octavia Felder Becomes 1st Black Female Officer in Walker PD History
- Good Samaritans rescue elderly couple from burning crash on Tennessee interstate
- Louisiana bill aims to make all cellphone use while driving “hands-free”