BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Baker schools have cancelled in-person instruction for the week and expect students to learn their lessons and complete their assignments virtually until Hurricane Laura passes.
Although all assigned instruction will be posted for the week, students will not be penalized for being unable to complete assignments because of issues caused by the storm, according to Dr. Herman Brister of Baker Schools.
Teachers will work from home on Wednesday and Friday, and all operations will be cancelled Thursday due to potential inclement weather, Brister wrote.
- Nursing home residents prepare for 2020 Thanksgiving visits
- Caretakers return from remote Hawaiian islands to changed world amid pandemic
- Border Democrats vow to hold Biden accountable on his pledge to not build ‘another foot of wall’
- BRAC releases COVID-19 economic impact indicator dashboard for capital area
- It’s not December yet, but Elf on the Shelf 2020 is already very different