BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The Bass Pro Shop in Denham Springs will donate rods and reels to Denham Springs boy scouts Thursday as part of its “Gone Fishing” program, which aims to help children and families get outdoors.
The donation will kick off the program, and after Thursday, the program will be in full effect the weekends of June 12 and June 19.
Children of all ages are invited to fish in Bass Pro’s catch-and-release ponds and can receive a “First Fish” certificate and beginner’s fishing guides. They can also listen to seminars at the store and make crafts for free, according to a press release from Bass Pro.
- Should there be a 9/11-style commission on COVID-19?
- Survey: Nearly half of all Louisianans buy alcohol to prepare for hurricane season
- WATCH: Gov. Edwards offering chance at $1M grand prize for those vaccinated against COVID-19
- PHOTO: BRPD needs help identifying man who may have knowledge of deadly Greenwell Springs shooting
- Where to find sandbags in Livingston Parish ahead of weekend storm