BASTROP, La. — The City of Bastrop will be implementing a curfew, according to Mayor Cotton.
Mayor Cotton says the curfew is for public safety reasons and to add more mitigation measures amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
The curfew will be from 9 pm to 5 am.
Mayor Cotton is expected to announce more details surrounding the curfew at a press conference this afternoon at Bastrop City Hall.
- Louisiana Purchase Gardens and Zoo to host head-shaving event this Saturday to help kids with cancer
- WATCH: 78-year-old rideshare operator brutally dragged during carjacking in Louisiana
- ‘Roll Up Your Sleeves’ vaccination special to include President Biden and Former President Obama
- Louisiana man among two who died after being pulled from the Gulf of Mexico
- N. Louisiana senator lashes out at LSU Baton Rouge in defense of LSU Health Shreveport Chancellor