BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- A father daughter duo brought a spooky wrecked pirate ship vison to life.
Above shows John Rice and his daughter Cameron Rice’s handmade Halloween display in their front yard.
The display shows a blind pirate who crashed the boat and now stuck to a boulder. Next to the ship are two pirates playing one last game of poker as the ship sinks.
“She had an idea, a sketch and I said okay let’s make it happen,” John said.
John went around the neighborhood to collect items like wood, pipes and even a purchased a blow torch to bring his daughters Halloween wish come true.
“This is the skeleton that steered the boat. But he can’t see, he has two eye patches and a hook hand,” Cameron laughed. “He is still trying to hold on to the steering wheel.
To make the ship look realistic, the duo used an old coffee table to create a steering wheel.
The blow torch was used to make it look as if the boat was on fire after the wreck. Cameron added green spray paint to create a look of algae after the boat was stuck under water.
After two weeks of work, the family’s front yard has been transformed to an underwater boat accident.
The duo says while the project was frustrating at times, they learned a lot about each other.
- Lochte flops: Olympic career likely over after 7th in 200 IM
- Ryan Crouser goes big, breaks 31-year-old shot put record
- LSP: Fatal crash involving motorcycle in Ascension Parish under investigation
- Man to run entire length of US for mental health awareness: ‘Start to feel better about yourself’
- UPDATE: 6 individuals shot, 2 dead in Florida Blvd parking lot shooting