The Baton Rouge Area Chamber is accepting applications until March 13 for its Diversity Star Award, which recognizes local businesses in the nine-parish Capital Region that uphold diversity and inclusion.
“BRAC is proud to champion diversity and inclusion on behalf of the business community, and to elevate that conversation through the Diversity Star Award and the annual Diversity in Business event,” BRAC CEO and President Adam Knapp said. “We look forward to celebrating standout corporate citizens that have embraced the truth that diversity drives progress.”
Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria, according to BRAC:
- Candidates should demonstrate support for diversity in business and community through a statement of values or demonstrated track record.
- Candidates should demonstrate support for diversity in their management structure, board makeup and company culture, including processes for career progression and promotion.
- Candidates should demonstrate support for diversity in their workforce through company goals and efforts to recruit, retain and nurture a culturally diverse workforce.
- Candidates should demonstrate support for diversity in the marketplace through company goals and efforts in procurement practices that reflect a diverse vendor and supply chain.
- Candidates should demonstrate support for diversity within their community through active support and collaboration with area initiatives to improve and recognize diversity in the Capital Region.
Members from BRAC’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee will serve as judges and oversee the process of choosing a recipient for the award.
Click here to apply for BRAC’s Diversity Star Award.