Baton Rouge duplex fire leaves 12 people displaced

News

Baton Rouge Fire Department

The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a duplex fire around 7:40 p.m. Monday that left 12 occupants displaced.

One child was treated by EMS and released to his parents as a result of the fire, but no other civilians or firefighters were injured.

The damage caused to the building totaled $100,000.

The fire was caused by an electrical shortage in a rear bedroom, and one unit was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.

The fire was contained to that unit, but the adjacent unit received heavy smoke and water damage.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories