The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a duplex fire around 7:40 p.m. Monday that left 12 occupants displaced.
One child was treated by EMS and released to his parents as a result of the fire, but no other civilians or firefighters were injured.
The damage caused to the building totaled $100,000.
The fire was caused by an electrical shortage in a rear bedroom, and one unit was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.
The fire was contained to that unit, but the adjacent unit received heavy smoke and water damage.