Baton Rouge family of 10 escapes house fire unscathed


A Baton Rouge family of 10 safely escaped a fire that that fully engulfed the family’s Osborne Avenue home Thursday night.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department determined the cause of the fire was an unattended pot left on the stove.

When firefighters arrived on scene, flames were coming from the home’s windows, and it took them just more than 30 minutes to control the blaze, according to BRFD.

“Firefighters battled to bring this fire under control,” BRFD spokesperson Mark Miles wrote.

The house received heavy fire damage, causing a total of $60,000 in damages. The Red Cross was called to assist the family.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories