BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — A Landwood Drive home is considered a total loss after catching on fire just before before noon on Thursday, leaving its six residents displaced.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department has yet to determine the cause of the fire, according to spokesperson Curt Monte.
It took firefighters around an hour to control the blaze, and at one point, firefighters had to retreat because there was a risk of the roof collapsing. After it collapsed, firefighters contained the fire to that house, sparing neighboring houses from also catching on fire.
BRFD considers the house a total loss and called in Red Cross to assist the six people who lived in the house.
- Sunday Night: Humid days; Weekend rain
- Hundreds of unwanted Amazon deliveries arrive at one family’s home
- WATCH: Tigers react after postseason run ends in Knoxville
- MISS LOUISIANA COMPETITION WEEK 2021 kicked off this week.
- Record-high 47 percent in US believe abortion is ‘morally acceptable,’ poll finds