Baton Rouge Fire Department responds to house fire, possibly caused by space heater

News

BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a house fire on the 5500 block of Melrose Boulevard around 4:30 p.m. on Dec. 27.

The alarm one fire caused the roof of the house to collapse. The home is at a total loss.

According to BRFD, the homeowner assumes the fire was caused by a heater in the bathroom. The incident is still under investigation.

No injuries were reported.

EMS, BRPD, Entergy and Red Cross were also at the scene.

LATETS POST:

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories