BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The Baton Rouge Fire Department has deemed a fire at a house on North 17th Street an arson.
Firefighters arrived to the home, which is currently unoccupied and being renovated, around noon on Easter Sunday.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the front room of the house, and they determined the fire was started outside of the house, according to BRFD spokesperson Justin Hill.
Anyone with information on the arson can call Crime Stoppers or fire investigators at 225-354-1419.
- Suspect in Louisiana allegedly drives by school bus, almost hits child, gets arrested again within days
- Biden, Republicans praise CDC decision to ease mask requirements
- Friday Morning: Gorgeous weekend; Storms next week
- THE LATEST: Charleston County Sheriff’s Office releases video of Jamal Sutherland in-custody death
- Louisiana House Republicans propose return-to-work bonus