BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – As if area hospitals do not have enough to deal with, Hurricane Ida added an extra layer of issues for doctors, nurses and employees.
Baton Rouge General facilities are open for the most part.
BRG provided a rundown of what facilities are open and whether they are on generator power or not:
- BRG Bluebonnet and Mid City hospitals are both now running on normal power (with the exception of the Medical Office Building at MC) and we are accepting patients from other hospitals who need support. So far, we’ve accepted 11 ICU patients from smaller hospitals state-wide.
- Baton Rouge General Ascension is still on generator power, but is open and operating normally.
- We still have 138 COVID patients in-house between Bluebonnet and Mid City.
- As always, our three emergency rooms are open and accepting patients.
- Many of our primary, specialty and urgent care clinics are back open today, including:
- Highland Village Express Care
- Nicholson Express Care
- Baton Rouge General Physicians Zachary
- Baton Rouge General Physicians Port Allen
- Baton Rouge Family Medical Center
- Baton Rouge General Imaging – Dijon (open at 10 a.m.)
- Baton Rouge General Physicians OB/GYN (Bluebonnet)
- Baton Rouge General Physicians Dermatology
- Crohn’s & Colitis Center
- BRG Advanced Robotics Institute
- Baton Rouge General Surgical Associates
- Baton Rouge General Physicians – Cardiovascular and Thoracic Specialists
- Baton Rouge General Physicians – Colon and Rectal Associates
These are the BRG facilities that have yet to open:
As more openings occur, we will be sure to keep you updated online and on-air.