BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Louisiana is now over 3,300 deaths from COVID-19.
The state is almost to 80,000 confirmed cases and Gov. Edwards has issued a mask mandate.
With that in mind, Baton Rouge General is providing a look at what the coronavirus numbers are looking like in the hospital.
The statistics for both Mid City and Bluebonnet can be found below:
- The hospital peaked on April 29 with 169 COVID patients in-house. Those types of numbers lasted until mid-May.
- In early May, the average length of stay was over 6 days. Right now, it’s less than 3 days.
- We got down to only 29 COVID patients June 10, then started ticking back up.
- Today, we have 47 COVID patients in-house, which may not sound like a lot.
- We got down to only 2 ICU patients in early May, then started trending back up.
- This past weekend, BRG got back up to 19 ICU patients.
BRG COVID-19 Demographics can be found below: