BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- Four seniors at Baton Rouge Magnet High School were named African American Scholars by the College Board National Recognition Program.
Mordecai Logan, Alex Taylor, Jonathan Thomas and Reagan Hamilton won the African American Scholars award.
This award goes to African American students who scored in the top 2.5 percent of the PSAT/NMSQT test.
Below you will find information about each African American Scholar recipient:
Mordecai Logan plans to major in Computer Science in college and become a software engineer.
Alex Taylor plans on studying political science and African American studies after graduation.
Jonathan Thomas wants to study physics or computer science in college.
Reagan Hamilton received a score of 34 on the ACT and plans on studying psychology in college.
- Kobe Dillon sets SWAC all-time record in Southern blowout win vs UAPB
- Loved ones say final goodbyes to Master Trooper Adam Gaubert
- DC Comics changes Superman’s motto, replaces ‘the American way’
- St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office awarded grant for litter removal efforts
- Monroe man arrested on 23 counts of Monetary Instrument Abuse and multiple drug charges