PORT ALLEN, La. (BRPROUD) – Colin Bain, 25, of Baton Rouge is dead after sustaining fatal injuries in a two-vehicle crash on September 29.
The deadly crash took place “on LA Hwy 1 at the intersection of LA Hwy 3237” around 11:30 p.m., according to the Louisiana State Police.
Both vehicles involved in this crash were travelling north on LA 1.
Bain was in a 2015 Dodge Challenger and the other vehicle involved in the crash is described as a 2014 Kenworth tractor.
At some point, Bain’s vehicle slammed into the tractor and the driver of the Dodge Challenger died at the crash scene.
LSP says, “due to the severity of damage sustained by the Dodge, seatbelt usage on the part of Bain is unknown at this time.”
The tractor driver was wearing a seatbelt and suffered minor injuries.
Toxicology samples were taken from Bain and the driver of the tractor.
- PHOTOS: Meet the vendors selling farm-to-table goods at Denham Springs’ 4 Seasons Farmer’s Market
- Tempers flare as community discusses coastal restoration project
- Free COVID-19 vaccination event to kick off Thursday in West Baton Rouge Parish
- PREVIEW: LSU Baseball set to play host to Grambling on Tuesday
- 11-year-old boy in Crowley disappears after taking out the trash