BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – East Baton Rouge Mayor President Sharon Weston Broome is encouraging residents to plan and prepare now for whatever tropical storms Marco and Laura may bring to the area as they approach the Louisiana coast.
On Sunday, Broome issued a parish-wide state of emergency ahead of the storms. While the impacts from Marco appear to be minimal, there are concerns about the track and intensity of Laura.
Mayor Broome talked about preparing for the storms, especially amid the coronavirus pandemic, Monday morning on Fox44 First Edition.
- Families left homeless outside Laura’s disaster zones struggle to find aid
- ACLU of Louisiana files brief supporting refugee facing anti-LGBTQ violence in Ghana
- Second annual “Ultimate Tailgate” doubles as pop-up shop for local businesses
- Dr. Fauci: U.S. still in the first wave, seasonal ‘challenge’ lies ahead
- New Orleans restaurants can once again serve alcoholic beverages through drive-thru, takeout and curbside pickup