DENHAM SPRINGS, La. (BRPROUD)- It’s usually the bride who show’s off her wedding ring, but this couple reversed the roles.
Christopher Hawkins from Baton Rouge took to Facebook to show off his wedding band in a series of photos. Quickly, the social media post went viral as people appreciated the groom appreciating his band.
“I saw a lot of women tagging their man and was like ‘you better act like this’,” Chris said. “So I think I got a lot of dudes in trouble.”
Shieka, Chris’s wife says it’s Christopher’s humor which keeps their love alive.
“When I saw the post I was just laughing,” said Shieka. “It was a change in the dynamic, like he said a lot of women do it and guys don’t normal do it [show off their ring].”
The couple have been together for seven years and tied the knot one month ago.
The Hawkins shared their own advice on love.
“Patience. You have to have a lot of patience,” Shieka said. “Never go to bed mad.”
“If you’re feeling any type of way about anything, address it,” Chris said.
Below is a link to the Hawkins wedding video. Courtesy of Marquise Dickerson.
- Daylight saving: Here’s when you need to set your clocks back
- APSO seeking suspects who allegedly took $520 dollars worth of alcohol from Circle K
- Town Hall featuring attorney general to be held Nov. 1 in Denham Springs
- Family using slingshot to pass out trick-or-treat candy
- One ref’s decision cost a man $1 million in fantasy football competition