BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Baton Rouge Police Department is searching for a man it suspects is responsible for killing his ex girlfriend Wednesday night.
Davyon Bentley, 24, of 4009 N. 38th St., is accused of shooting his ex girlfriend after a verbal dispute escalated. Brenda Mullens, 40, of 2944 Joyce Drive, died from gunshot wounds after being transported to a local hospital, according to BRPD.
Police say Bentley fled the scene — Mullens’ home — before officers arrived.
Bentley is now wanted on three counts of attempted first-degree murder, one count of first-degree murder, one count of illegal use of a weapon and one count of being a felon in possession of a firearm.
Prior to the shooting, BRPD had warrants on Bentley for charges of home invasion, illegal use of a weapon, felon in possession of a firearm and simple criminal damage to property, according to the police department.
Authorities warn that Bentley may be armed and dangerous. Anyone with information about his whereabouts can call the Violent Crime Unit at 389-4869 or Crime Stoppers at 344-7867.
- Seven constitutional amendments on the ballot in Louisiana this year.
- Saturday Night: Quiet end to the weekend; All eyes on Tropical Depression 28 in the Caribbean
- GALLERY: LSU runs away from South Carolina
- Car accident kills Geismar woman
- AMBER Alert issued for two girls abducted, after two boys were found dead