Archie Williams, the Baton Rouge man who served nearly 40 years wrongfully incarcerated in Louisiana’s Angola State Penitentiary, is set to compete as 1 of 10 finalists in the finals round of ‘America’s Got Talent’.
Williams was wrongfully convicted of rape and attempted murder in 1983 and sentenced to life in prison at Angola State Penitentiary; once known as the bloodiest prison in America. 36 years later, DNA evidence proved Williams’ innocence and his conviction was exonerated.
You can vote and watch Archie, Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m. on NBC Local33. The winner will be announced Wednesday, September 23.
- Louisiana man crushed when house being raised falls on him
- LPSO arrest man in kidnapping at gunpoint
- Commander’s Cup and Veterans Music and Fun Day to be held in Baton Rouge
- Children sent to Louisiana school after testing positive for COVID-19
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room