BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Assumption Parish deputies on Thursday arrested a man accused of being involved in a domestic violence incident back in October 2020.
On Oct. 8, 2020, deputies interviewed 20-year-old Travana Irie Pearley of Belle Rose at a medical facility. Deputies noted she had injuries on her hands that were possibly indicative of a domestic abuse.
Prior to Pearley’s hospital visit, she had reportedly gotten into a physical altercation with 24-year-old Joshua Junior Brown of Belle Rose, causing her to suffer the hand injuries, deputies learned.
Deputies arrested Pearley some time after the incident on a domestic abuse battery charge. She’s since posted bond, according to APSO.
On Thursday, deputies arrested Brown, who also faces a charge of domestic abuse battery. He’s in the Assumption Parish Detention Center and has a $2,000 bond.
- Narcotics investigators find more than 30 pounds of drugs in Louisiana home
- Jalen McCleskey benefitting from father’s background with Saints
- Man evading justice since 2013 by skipping court dates for running over a Louisiana family
- Olympic gold medalist says swim races ‘not clean’
- United States men’s basketball beats Spain in quarterfinals