AUSTIN (KXAN) — Music superstar Beyoncé is getting 100 $5,000 checks in formation — to help individuals and families impacted by the current pandemic housing crisis.
The BeyGood Impact Fund previously gave $10,000 grants to over 250 small businesses who were affected due to COVID-19.
Renters nationwide face a critical timeclock, as the federal eviction moratorium is set to expire Dec. 31 — with no plan yet in place to extend it. The Census Bureau estimates 11.3 million households are behind on rent or won’t be able to pay the coming month’s, according to Washington Post.
The online application process will open Jan. 7, with grants dispersed later that month. A second round will open in February, BeyGOOD says.
- Mayor Broome gets final dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- Louisiana State Health Officer calls neighboring states removal of mask mandates ‘self-defeating’
- Official: Biden and Democrats agree on tighter income limits for stimulus checks
- Louisiana colleges fail to meet harassment training mandate
- With Taco Bell’s Mexican pizza gone, here’s how you may be able to get your cheese fix