BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) – The St. George Fire Department was called to the scene of a “significant hazardous materials leak” around 11:15 a.m. on Tuesday morning.

SGFD says Entergy joined St. George Fire and Hazmat personnel at the intersection of Bluebonnet Blvd. and Blue Cross Parkway.

Entergy went to work putting out what was later confirmed to be a gas leak.

According to the St. George Fire Department, “the entrance to Blue Cross Blue Shield was the location of the gas leak.”

Bluebonnet Blvd. was subsequently closed until the area was deemed safe.

Entergy was able to shut the gas off around 12:30 p.m.

SGFD says Bluebonnet Blvd. is now back open.