LINCOLN PARISH, La. — State Fire Marshal deputies are now investigating a house fire in Choudrant that left one small child dead.
According to the Office of State Fire Marshal, firefighters responded to the 700 block of Highway 821 in the 3 o’clock hour on Monday, August 31, 2020.
They say that one adult was able to escape uninjured, another was taken to a local hospital with severe burns. Unfortunately, the body of a 2-year-old boy was later found inside the home.
At this time, there is no further information available. We will continue to update this article as more details are made public.
- COVID vaccine trial: Local participant talks about their experience
- Gov. Edwards, Whip Scalise, and Sen. Cassidy comment on the passing of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Counselors to remain available as Livingston Parish schools mourn passing of ‘special young man,’ superintendent says
- Drive-thru disaster recovery center for Hurricane Laura survivors to open in Cameron parish
- Student forced to leave high school football game because of Black Lives Matter shirt