EDGARD, La. (BRPROUD) – For those recovering from Hurricane Ida in St. John the Baptist Parish, there is free food, water and ice available at various locations.
The Parish is providing details on where you can go to get something to drink and eat.
- Water, ice, and MREs are available daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Wallace Fire Station, REGALA Gym, and Garyville Mt. Airy Magnet School
- Hot Meals at Ascension of our Lord Noon – until supplies last
– 1809 Greenwood Dr, Laplace, LA 70068
- Hot Meals at Fifth Ward Elementary Noon – until supplies last
– 158 Panther Dr, Reserve, LA 70084
- MRES distribution at Noon until supplies last – St. Hubert Church
176 Anthony F. Monica St., Garyville
- MRES distribution at Noon until supplies last – St. John Arc, 101 Bamboo Rd., Laplace
- The FEMA Mobile Registration Intake Center will be at the St. John ARC Parking Lot at 101 Bamboo Road in LaPlace from 8 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. to help St. John Parish residents apply for assistance.
Apply online for FEMA at disasterassistance.gov or 800-621-3362.
Adding even more difficulty to recovery in the parish is a recently issued Boil Water Advisory.
St. John the Baptist Parish is providing information about the advisory below:
- The Boil Water Advisory is in place until further notice Parishwide.
- All water customers Parishwide will remain under a Boil Water Advisory until Entergy power is restored at the water plants.
- Water customers should continue to boil water for at least a minute after a rolling boil before consumption until the Boil Water Advisory is lifted.
- We will update on all communication outlets when the Boil Water Advisory is lifted.