(CNN) – An 8-year-old in Maryland is doing something pretty amazing, and so far he’s helped 3,000 veterans.
Tyler Stallings’ mother says he has had a passion for helping veterans since he was just 4 years old.
Tyler initially wanted to build home for veterans whom he calls his heroes, but he decided to come up with a more “realistic” plan.
So Tyler began making “hero bags” for homeless veterans.
The bags are filled with gloves, a blanket, a sweater, soap and much more.
According to a GoFundMe page created by the family, Tyler has raised over $50,000 since he started making the bags four years ago.
- 1 killed after Las Vegas-based bus rolls over near Grand Canyon, 44 transported to medical center
- LPSO investigating rash of nighttime burglaries at Le Triomphe
- Baylor added to 2021 LSU Baseball Schedule
- Friday Night: Cloudy and foggy tonight; Slightly drier for weekend
- More than 150 National Guard in Washington for inauguration test positive for coronavirus