BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Baton Rouge Area Chamber announced that this year’s InternBR program will be held virtually.
The program, which is an initiative of BRAC’s Talent Development department, aims to provide local student interns with professional development training. It focuses on leadership and communication skills, according to BRAC spokeswoman Kelly Bienn.
“Attracting and retaining top talent in the Baton Rouge Area is one of the core objectives of our strategic plan,” BRAC Talent Department Director Maggi Spurlock said. “And with COVID-19 disrupting colleges, internships and students’ job searches, it is more important than ever for us to help students navigate these tough waters by prepping them with the professional skills necessary to land a job in the region.”
InternBR is an 8-session series that will take place each Tuesday and Thursday in July. The schedule is as follows:
- Finding Your Career Path in BR: Tuesday, July 7, from noon to 1 p.m.
- Tips for Working Virtually: Thursday, July 9, from noon to 1 p.m.
- Tips and Tricks to Be Your Most Productive Self: Tuesday, July 14, from noon to 1 p.m.
- How to Successfully Navigate Crucial Conversations in the Workplace: Thursday, July 16, from noon to 1 p.m.
- Communicate Your Way to the Top: Tuesday, July 21, from noon to 1 p.m.
- Goal Set Your Way to Success: Thursday, July 23, from noon to 1 p.m.
- My Internship is Over, Now What?: Tuesday, July 28, from noon to 1 p.m.
- Career Advice from BR’s Movers & Shakers: Thursday, July 30, from noon to 1 p.m.
Click here to register for a free session.