If you know of a regional business that makes an effort to be diverse and inclusive, BRAC would like to know about them.
BRAC said, “it is now accepting applications for its Diversity Star Award to spotlight and honor regional businesses that champion diversity and inclusion.”
Any business within the nine-parish Capital Region is eligible to apply for the 2019 Diversity Star Award.
There are two categories and they are for small and large businesses.
Cheri Ausberry, chair of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee and director of community development and governmental affairs at Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, said “I encourage businesses to apply for this award, not only for a chance to be recognized, but also to showcase and highlight their best practices of economic and corporate inclusion, which will enhance and strengthen the Baton Rouge business community.”
BRAC provided a list of the criteria from which nominees will be evaluated:
- Candidates should demonstrate support for diversity in business and community through a statement of values or demonstrated track record.
- Candidates should demonstrate support for diversity in their management structure, board makeup, and company culture, including processes for career progression and promotion.
- Candidates should demonstrate support for diversity in their workforce through company goals and efforts to recruit, retain and nurture a culturally diverse workforce.
- Candidates should demonstrate support for diversity in the marketplace through company goals and efforts in procurement practices that reflect a diverse vendor and supply chain.
- Candidates should demonstrate support for diversity within their community through active support and collaboration with area initiatives to improve and recognize diversity in the Capital Region.
“It’s important that we take the time to recognize those business leaders who are walking the walk when it comes to diversity and inclusion practices,” said Adam Knapp, president and CEO of BRAC. “Success in this arena takes intentionality and persistence, and we are looking forward to once again celebrating businesses in the Baton Rouge Area that are exemplifying progress.”
Interested parties have until March 15 to apply for the 2019 Diversity Star Award.
Applications are accepted at BRAC Diversity Star.